1. Legal Information
The website www.botify.com (the “Website“) is edited by BOTIFY SAS, a French société par actions simplifiée with a share capital of 44.685 euros, registered at the Trade and Companies Registry of Paris under registration number 519 350 813, and having its registered office at 15 rue de Laborde, 75008, Paris (France) (“Botify”).
The director of the publication is Mr. Adrien Ménard.
Botify’s European VAT number is FR 39519350813.
Website hosts is Amazon Web Services, Inc., P.O. Box 81226, Seattle, WA 98108-1226. It can also be contacted at the following number +1 206 266 4064.
Botify provides to its clients a web crawler which fetch customer website HTML pages for analysis and a log analyzer which, based on HTTP log from the customers, provide insight on bot behavior on customer website (“the Services”).
Botify collects and processes personal data, as a data controller, in the following situations:
- Personal data of individuals visiting the website www.botify.com (the “Website”), those individuals being referred to as “Website User”;
- Personal data of any individual accessing and/or using the Services through the client account, those individuals being referred to as “Services User”.
Botify shall process the data in compliance with French Data Protection Act of January 6th, 1978 (as amended) and with the EU General Data Protection Regulation n°2016/67 (“GDPR”), as well as the US California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”).
In order to comply with the above-mentioned regulations, a Data Protection Officer (“DPO”) has been appointed among Botify’s employees. The DPO can be contacted by writing to DPO, BOTIFY SAS, 15 rue de Laborde, 75008, Paris, France or firstname.lastname@example.org.
A. Personal data collected and processed by Botify
What personal data is collected?
As to the Website Users: Botify may collect and use the following personal data:
- Personal data needed for the creation of your account on the Website such as your first name, last name, email address, postal address, telephone number, company, job title and date of birth.
- Additional personal data may also be collected when purchasing services offered by Botify on the Website: credit or debit card four last numbers and expiration date. For online customers, full information of credit or debit card numbers are not stored by Botify but directly by Paymill GmbH (secure online payment provider).
- Personal data needed for navigation traffic analysis, i.e.: IP address, hour of visit of the Website, history of the consulted pages, etc.
As to the Service Users:
- Personal data needed to use the Services : first name, last name, email address, job title, company, email address, phone number.
Botify does not collect any sensitive data, either on the Services or Website Users.
Why are your personal data being processed?
As to the Website Users: Botify processes your personal data to:
- Use the Services account to access the knowledge base;
- provide you with the services you requested, such as a demo, and/or purchased on the Website;
- provide assistance and solve any problems you may face during the visit of the Website;
As to the Services Users: Botify processes your personal data to:
- create, use and keep your user account;
- provide you with the Services;
- to notify you about new data available on the platform or to inform you about specific events that happened on the platform, related to your activity;
- inform you about news and updates of our services;
- provide assistance and solve any problems you may face during the use of the Services;
- request your comments or your participation in surveys to improve our services;
- monitor the use of the Services by the User, to improve the Services
What is the legal ground of the personal data processing?
As to the Website Users, the grounds of the processing are the following, depending on the data collected and the purpose of its process:
- Personal data needed for the creation of your account on the Website such as your first name, last name, email address, postal address, telephone number, company, job title and date of birth: the ground is the consent of the Website Users
- Additional personal data may also be collected when purchasing services offered by Botify on the Website: credit or debit card details: the ground is the execution of a contract
- For online customers credit or debit card numbers are not stored by Botify but directly by Paymill GmbH (secure online payment provider): the ground is the execution of a contract
- Personal data needed for navigation traffic analysis, i.e.: IP address, hour of visit of the Website, history of the consulted pages, etc.: the ground is the consent of the Website Users
As to the Services Users:
- Personal data needed to use the Services : first name, last name, email address, job title, company, email address, phone number: the ground is the execution of a contract
Who may we disclose your personal data to?
Botify may share personal data of Website Users and Services Users with:
- its subsidiaries and/or affiliates for prospective client research, managing client database and relationship.
- subcontractors responsible for providing website hosting.
Botify does not disclose, communicate, sell, share, rent or trade Website Users or Services Users to any third party for commercial purposes.
Your personal data will be communicated in compliance with the applicable law and within a framework of agreements to ensure compliance with this policy.
In addition, we may be forced to disclose your personal data in application of a law or a regulation in force, a court order, or if such disclosure is necessary in the context of an investigation or proceedings, on the national territory or abroad.
What are your rights? How to exercise them?
Pursuant to the French Data Protection Act of January 6th, 1978 as amended and to the GDPR, the Website Users and the Services Users have the rights specified below.
Some of these rights may not apply when their exercise by the data subject is contrary to the legitimate interests of Botify as the data controller (data necessary to provide the Services, management of invoicing, etc.).
Right of information
The Website and Services Users have the right to obtain from Botify the following information:
- The legal ground for processing of their personal data;
- The purposes of the processing;
- The categories of personal data concerned;
- The recipients of the personal data;
- The transfers of personal data to a third country;
- The existence of automated decision-making and the right to object to automated processing when the decision about the person is based solely on automated processing which produces legal effects concerning him or her.
Right of access to their personal data
The Website and Services Users have the right to obtain from Botify the communication of personal data concerning them as well as information related to the origin of these data, except if the exercise of this right is contrary to the principles of professional secrecy.
Right of rectification
The Website and Services Users have the right to request from Botify that incomplete or inaccurate personal data is rectified, completed or updated without undue delay.
Right to erasure
The Website and Services Users have the right to obtain from Botify the erasure, without undue delay, of personal data concerning them when personal data is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or when they withdraw consent on which the processing is based.
Right to withdraw their personal data
The Website and Services Users have the right to withdraw consent, at any time, to the processing operations carried out by Botify and based on that consent.
Right to obtain the restriction of processing of personal data by Botify in some cases, in accordance with article 18 of the GDPR
The Website and Services Users have the right to obtain from Botify the restriction of processing of personal data concerning them when (i) the accuracy of the personal data is contested by the Website and Services Users, for a period enabling Botify to verify the accuracy of the personal data, (ii) the processing is unlawful, (iii) Botify no longer needs the personal data for the purposes of the processing, but they are required by the Website and Services Users for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims, (iv) the Website and Services Users has objected to processing.
Right to data portability
When the processing is based on the consent of the Website and Services Users, or on the basis of contract concluded with Botify’s client, and the processing is carried out by automated means, the Website and Services Users have the right to receive the personal data concerning them which they have provided to Botify, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those personal data to another controller without hindrance from Botify.
Right to object
The Website and Services Users have the right to object, at any time, on grounds relating to their particular situation, to processing of personal data by Botify, unless there are compelling legitimate grounds or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
The Website and Services Users have the right to object, at any time, to the processing of personal data by Botify for direct marketing purposes.
Right to lodge complaints
In any case, the Website and Services Users have the right to lodge a complaint with the Commission Nationale Informatique et Libertés (CNIL) or any other local supervisory authority, if they believe their rights have been infringed.
Right to decide what happens to their personal data after their death
If you wish to exercise these rights, please write to DPO, BOTIFY SAS, 15 rue de Laborde, 75008, Paris, FRANCE or email@example.com.
Protection of your personal data
Botify has implemented reasonable technical and organizational measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration or disclosure, maintain data accuracy.
Communication between you and Botify are encrypted end to end, using SSL. We review our information collection, storage and processing practices to guard against unauthorized access to systems. We restrict access to personal information to Botify employees who need to know that information.
Botify generally follows accepted industry standards to protect the personal information it processes.
However, no method of transmission, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and therefore there is no guarantee of absolute security.
Botify will store the Website and Services Users only for the time necessary to accomplish the purposes for which they were originally collected or the time required in order to comply with applicable regulations.
Botify will store the Services Users personal data as long as the corresponding account created is active. When a Service User is inactive for an interrupted period of 3 years, Botify will delete all data relating to this account.
When Personal data of Website or Services Users is used for commercial prospection purposes, it may be retained by Botify for a period of up to three years after the end of the commercial relationship.
Personal data of prospective clients may be retained by Botify for a period of up to three years after its collection by Botify or the last contact initiated by the prospect.
Credit card data is deleted after the transaction has been completed. However, the four last numbers of the card number and its expiration date may be retained for evidentiary purposes in case of a possible dispute relating to the transaction, for a period of up to thirteen months following the debit date. This period may be extended to fifteen months in order to take into account the possibility of using bank cards with deferred payment arrangements.
The personal data necessary to implement the Website and Services Users right to object to the processing of its personal data (for instance, its email address) may be retained by Botify for a period of up to three years from the exercise of such right.
The information stored in the Website Users’ device (for instance, cookies) or any other element used to identify users and allowing traceability of users may be retained by Botify for a period of up to thirteen months.
Raw usage data resulting from user identification may be retained by Botify for a period of up to thirteen months.
Transfer of personal data internationally
We may transfer and/or store your personal data (i.e. your name and email address) outside the European Union, for the purpose of performing the Services and in particular for hosting purposes. Due to its functions, Amazon in the US may access to your personal data as a hosting provider.
All personal data stored and transferred by Botify outside of the European Union is either protected by the Standard Contractual Clauses adopted by the European Commission or the Privacy Shield (as far as the USA are concerned).
Cookies are pieces of information that a website may transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser so that the website can remember certain information.
The information collected via the Cookies are used to remember certain information relating to your navigation on the Website.
Website Users will be able to manage their choices regarding cookies at any time as further explained herein.
What cookies are used on our Website and for what purposes?
- Strictly necessary cookies:
These cookies are essential in order to enable Website Users to browse the Website and use its features. Without these cookies, services you Users asked for such as remembering login details cannot be provided.
- Performance cookies:
These cookies collect information about how Website Users use our Website. These cookies are only used to improve the performance of our Website. For instance, we use Google Analytics to help us understand how Users get to our Website, how they use it and highlight what we can improve. The data collected by these cookies is aggregated.
What cookies are used on our Website and for what purposes?
You may at any time manage your choices regarding cookies by using your browser settings and may thus reject cookies from us or from any other website.
Each browser has its own cookie management system:
For Microsoft Edge Click on “More Options” (…symbol) on the top right corner of the browser Select “Settings” then click on “View advanced settings” Select “Cookies” from the drop down menu
For Internet Explorer 11 Click on the “Tools” tab, then on “Internet Options”Click on “Privacy” tab Select your preferred level of confidentiality
For Google Chrome Go to the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar Select “Settings” then click on “Show advanced settings”In the “Privacy” section, click on the “Content settings” button.
In the “Cookies” section, you can change cookies settings
For Mozilla Firefox Click on the “Tools” tab, then on “Options”Click on the “Privacy” tab Select your preferred option under “Cookie”
For Safari Click on “Safari”, and then on “Preferences”Click on “Privacy” Select your preferred option
For Safari on iOS In the “Settings” app, select “Safari”Go to “Cookies” under the “Privacy” section Select your preferred option
For Android browser Click on the upper right buttonGo to “Settings” then “Privacy & security menu” Select your preferred option
For Opera Go to the “Files” tab, and then click on “Preferences”Click on “Privacy” Select your preferred options
For more information about cookies, please visit the following website: www.cnil.fr/en/home.
C. Third party websites
You may also contact us by email at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org